Want to knock your own socks off? Cook this for dinner. I had this for dinner last night, (as well as for lunch right now) and I did it all in the rice cooker. Aside from a cutting board and a knife (and if you want to roast your capsicum to really wow the audience) you’ll have hardly no other washing up.
Prawn and Chorizo Paella
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 Spanish onion
1 cup of long grain rice washed
2 1/2 cups of chicken stock
300g of cooked and peeled prawns
1 chorizo sausage chopped
50g roasted capsicum
a dash of lime juice
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (probably not if this is for kids too)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1. Roast Capsicum in 180degree oven until cooked
2. Place oil into bowl of the slow cooker, change heat setting to COOK. Heat for 1 minute, add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins stirring constantly
3. Add rice and stock. Cook with lid on for 10 minutes
4. Stir in prawns (or whatever seafood you’ve got), capsicum, chorizo and lime juice. Cook with lid on until rice-cooker switches itself to warm.
5. Fluff rice and fold through tomoatoes, chilli and coriander. Close lid and allow to stand for 10mins on warm before serving.
Dinner is served.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
It's like ebay in China. Sorry if this is no help to anyone
Fat Mum Slim's blog
Recipes, photography tips and general greatness
Make everything from scratch.
THIS MONTH'S FAVE WEBSITES
To get started with Disqus head to the Settings panel.